After you have read Beezus and Ramona, answer the following discussion questions:
1. Ramona's favorite book is The Littlest Steam Shovel. What is your favorite book?
2. What does your family mean to you? Does anyone in your family ever annoy you?
3. Which do you think is better-being the younger sister or the older sister (or brother)? Why?
4. Ramona invites a lot of children to a party withouut asking her mom's permission because she says, "When I ask you won't let me do things." Is this a good reason? What do you think of the party that Mrs. Quimby and Beezus put together?
5. Beezus envies Ramona for her imagi9nation. How does Miss Robbins discourage beezus at first? How does she later help Beezus develop her imagination?
6. When Mother and Aunt Beatrice tell what they did to each other, Beezus realizes she'll look back and find things Ramona and she did to each other funny, too. What do you think they'll laugh about when they grow up?
For more adventures of Beezus and Ramona, try:
2. Ramona the Pest
3. Ramona the Brave
4. Ramona and Her Father
5. Ramona and Her Mother
6. Ramona Quimby, Age 8
7. Ramona Forever
8. Ramona's World