1. Do you think poetry has to rhyme?
2. Do you think poetry has to be in a specific form? Check out Lazy Jane which has one word per line. Is this poetry?
3. Check out The Fourth. Why does Shel Silverstein capitalize words like CRASH, BANG, and ZANG?
4. Which was your favorite poem?
5. What makes good poetry?
6. Do you think the pictures added to the poetry? Do you think that the poems would be as funny without the illustrations?
If you liked Where the Sidewalk Ends, try its sequel: A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein.