After reading Toys Go Out, answer the following discussion questions:
1. Why are the toys left in?
2. Do you have a favorite toy now or did you when you were younger? Why is (was) it your favorite?
3. Lumphy would rather be warned about something that he won't like. Would you? Why or why not?
4. Do you think the Little Girls love one toy over the others? Why or why not?
5. As you saw with the toys, sometimes it is difficult to find the "right" birthday present. What was the best birthday present that you have ever received? What was the best birthday present you have ever given?
6. Stingray and his friends discuss what it means to be grown-up in chapter 6. What do you think it means to be grown-up?
If you liked Toys Go Out, try its sequel: Toy Dance Party by Emily Jenkins