After reading The Landry News, answer the following discussion questions:
1. Why would this story open up with a copy of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States? Why is this an important amendment? Do we still use it today?
2. Before Cara came to Denton Elementary School, she wrote a newspaper in her old school. What motivated her to start that newspaper? What was its tone?
3. Mr. Larson was stung by Cara's first editorial, but The Landry News ended up reviving his love of teaching. How?
4. Mr. Larson's students know very little about his life outside of school. How much do you know about your teachers? What do you imagine they do on their own time?
5. Why is the principal so upset by the "Lost and Found" article in The Landry News? Would you be?