After reading The Graveyard Book, answer the following discussion questions:
1. How did Nobody's parents try to protect him when he first arrived in the graveyard?
2. How did the residents of the graveyard decide on the baby's name?
3. What is "the freedom of the graveyard"? What powers does it give Bod?
4. If you could learn to fade or to dreamwalk, which would you choose and why?
5. If you were Scarlett, would you rather remember your experiences with Bod or forget them?
6. Do you think Neil Gaiman is trying to make a point with this book? If so, what point do you think he's trying to make?