After you have read A Crooked Kind of Perfect, answer the following discussion questions:
1. Who was your favorite character and why?
2. What are some of the things most kids do that Zoe missed out on because of her dad's condition?
3. Do you think A Crooked Kind of Perfect uses exaggeration? Which situations seem larger than life? Which situations seem familiar?
4. Do you play a musical instrument? If yes, who chose the instrument? If no, what instrument would you like to play?
5. Do you think that Zoe was happy with how her performance turned out?
6. This was Linda Urban's first book. What do you think would happen in a sequel if she wrote it?