After you have read Sideways Stories from Wayside School, answer the following discussion questions:
1. Who is your favorite character and how would you describe him/her?
2. In Sideways Stories from Wayside School, children are punished in ridiculous ways for harmless behavior. Do you think that going home early on the kindergarten bus is an appropriate punishment for misbehavior in class? Why or why not? What would you
suggest as a punishment?
3. Would you like to have Mrs. Jewls for a teacher? Why or why not?
4. How are the chapters arranged in the book? Do you like this format?
5. Is Sideways Stories from Wayside School realistic fiction or fantasy? Why?
If you liked Sideways Stories from Wayside School, try the other books in the series:
-Wayside School is Falling Down
-Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger