After reading Poppy, answer the following discussion questions:
1. Why does Mr. Ocax tell the mice that he will protect them? Do you think he really protects them?
2. Do you think Mr. Ocax was a bully? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Poppy's mother and father trust Mr. Ocax?
4. Ereth says that Poppy is "pretty small to be a heroine" (Chapter 13). What qualities in Poppy do you think help in her success?
5. Did you like the ending? Why or why not?
6. Who was your favorite character and why?
If you would like to read the rest of the series, try:
3. Poppy and Rye
4. Ereth's Birthday
5. Poppy's Return
6. Poppy and Ereth